cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error doing the tpautoconf -replace_drive command: Operation failed, could not find device with path /ndmp/...

rclegarto
Level 4
Certified
Hi guys..

I need help please. We had one of ndmp drive replaced which means I needed to update tape drive serial. So I run the tpautoconf -replace_drive command specifying the NDMP path I am getting when running the tpconfig -d command...

D:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin>tpconfig -d
Index DriveName DeviceName Type Shared Status
8 R0_D4_sm3apnas05 /ndmp/c96t0l hcart2 No DOWN
TLD(0) Definition DRIVE=5

Here's the result of the tpautoconf -replace_drive command.

D:\Program Files\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin>tpautoconf -replace_drive R0_D4_sm3apnas05 -
path /ndmp/c96t0l0
Operation failed, could not find device with path /ndmp/c96t0l0

What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Check that Netbackup is seeing a discrepancy from discovery using the tpautoconf -report_disc command.

Also run the scan command to get output from the hardware devices the OS sees.

Compare all results.

rclegarto
Level 4
Certified
I had executed the same command with the "-report_disc " option. And it is indeed showing that there's a descrepancy.

The result shows the 2 NDMP drives I've got configured to be missing. The thing is, the other one is non problematic at all.

From the -report_disc result, it shows that the non-problematic drive's path and the newly replaced drive path to be the same. Though, from GUI, you will see that the newly replaced drive has a different path.

Scan detects both drive and even shows their serial number.

I am thinking of deleting the object of the newly replaced drive but my concern is that, will it ask me for the NDMP password when I tried adding it back?

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
8 R0_D4_sm3apnas05 /ndmp/c96t0l hcart2 No DOWN

says c96t0l

the command you ran said c96t0l0
                                                     ^