cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange DAG Question

erose
Level 3

Hello All

We are running Netbackup 7.5.0.3 environment and have and Exchange 2010 4 node DAG cluster.  It seems that one node (na-mbx-02) has not ran full backups on the passive copies of the databases for two weeks.  The customer now wants me to create a separate policy to backup just the passive databases that reside on that particular node.  

We have a DAG policy already and it seems to have hung during the fulls last weekend on the node in question.  The library got a hard read/write error on the tape and Netbackup/Exchange did not recover.  Netbackup kept thinking it was writing to that particular tape and the Scalar i80 stopped writing due to the hard read/write error.  So the backups never finished.  I canceled the child processes which cleared things up, but again we did not get the databases backedup.  Although it appears that all but 3 databases were backed up before Netbackup got hung up.

But back to my original question.  How can I create a DAG or Exchange policy for one particular node to backup a select few passive databases?

thanks

ed

1 REPLY 1

Dip
Level 4

I am currently backing up 100+ DBs (VSS snapshots only, no GRT) using 6 Mailbox servers which are also OST media servers. I have 100+ policies created with DB name in it. The client is DAG name for all Exchange policies, file selection is 'Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups:\DAG_NAME\Microsoft Information Store\DB_NAME" without double quotes. Hope this will help.