cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Differential Backup

AshGrove_JT
Level 4
For some reason I don't think differential backups are working correctly for my exchange backup...From looking at the size of image files, it appears like it's doing a full when suppose to be doing a diff.  What logs would I look at to determine exactly what is being backed up?
3 REPLIES 3

RAPHAEL_F_CARVA
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
If you wanna check the image sizes and content, go to 'Backup, Archive and Restore' interface on Java Console > Select client and policy type and then you will have the option (there are two buttons on the middle right side) to select images based on calendar (who opens a calendar) and another and other one where list all images found. In this second button (who opens the list) you will have the backup type and image size (as well as other informations like date for example). Selecting from this screen just a differential one, you will be able to see witch files have been copied from this stream.

AshGrove_JT
Level 4
Thank you for the quick response...It does look like it did a full backup, but I'm wondering if it's because it's a new policy....I didn't like the name of my original Exchange policy and I didn't find a way to rename a policy, so I just copied it to a new policy...It's the first time this policy has run, so could this be the reason for the Full backup?

RAPHAEL_F_CARVA
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
Sure, the first time must be a full backup. try running a dif again after the full one.