Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude List of Netbackup Client Solaris OS

richardsantos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

Just wanna ask some questions with regards to Exclude List. Just want to filters the files .mp3 .avi and other unncessary files. First i want to Exclude the .mp3 files to NFS share server client (Sun Solaris) because most of the users they're also backing up their files including the .mp3 files which consume large size of the partition.

My question is after I exclude the .mp3 files to Netbackup client is there a way that the user can still backup or putting their .mp3 files through NFS share server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

We dont control access to your NFS server share, we simply back it up (via the client). If you exclude mp3's, they will not be backed up, its as simple as that.

Users can still put mp3's on the share, they will just not be backed up, and you'll consume less media.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst

We dont control access to your NFS server share, we simply back it up (via the client). If you exclude mp3's, they will not be backed up, its as simple as that.

Users can still put mp3's on the share, they will just not be backed up, and you'll consume less media.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Users can also rename their MP3 files to somthing else and then they will be on the backup again.

RiaanBadenhorst

Yes, Nicolai is correct, NetBackup is not designed to do such indepth checking. If you want File Blocking software you can look at Enterprise Vault.

Will_Restore
Level 6

submit to management

problem solved

oh wait, you say the users ARE management?  blush

richardsantos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks for answering my post it help me a lot to understand the file exclusion of Netbackup and I thought it also take effect on the OS side (NFS file server) but it is only on the application side.

again thanks a lot!