cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to verify backup

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

1.) When i boot from .ISO image Sucessfully established restore enviroment  pass successfully but when partioning DIsks come it gives me an error Failed to Verify Backup before partioning Disks and some times after partioning Disks it gives me an error Failed to Verify Backup.

2.) is there any maintanance pack required for Netbackup 6.5 for BMR

Message Edited by Zahid.Haseeb on 08-26-2008 10:57 PM
4 REPLIES 4

Mojosama
Level 2

Failed to verify backup or status code 227

1. verify that there is a full backup with System_state or shadow copy components. (check using the backup archive and restore .. )

2. When BMR is running the bplist command to generate a file list to use for the restore. This is done to ensure that BMR has all the information needed to restore the client before it formats and partitions the disk...

When the bplist command comes to the master server, the master server only gets the IP address of the client. Then the master server will run a reverse name lookup on the incoming IP address this must resolve to the client's name. 

3. To resolve this issue you may have to add DNS entries or host file entries to allow the IP given in the bare metal restore client's profile to match the orginal host name of the client used for the source backup you are attempting to restore.

On the master server review the following logs to determine the point of failure if the above does not resolve the issue. 

\install_path\netbackup\logs\

bmrrst

bpcd

bprd

Alexis_Gonzalo_
Level 4

I believe I had this problem using Virtual Machines, I had to update in the BMR Master Server the configuration of the BMR client.

- MAC address,

- BMR Client IP address/MASK/Gateway,

- BMR Master IP address (if the Virtual Machine was going to access the BMR Master Server through a different IP address than the original client).

Tom_Dooley
Level 4

Hello guys,

Any solution to this? I`m facing the same issue when I try to restore a VmWare Virtual Machine to a Physical Server (we want to mograte teh VM to the one new Physical Server).

Thank You.

AmolV
Level 5

I'll second what Mojosama has written above.

Kindly make sure that you have a full backup with shadow copy components.

Also make sure that your client is getting an IP same as that of the original client that you are trying to restore.