Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to creating Solaris 8 4u architecture SRT

oughck
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi All,

i have been attempting to create a Solaris 8 4u architecture SRT on Master/BMR/boot server (Solaris 10, 4v). Some EEBs have been installed on the master as i needed to create Solaris10 4v SRTs.

Right now, it seems I'm only able to create Solaris 8 SRTs with the '4v architecture' as listed in NBU's GUI.

How do i create S8 4u SRTs? Do i have to find the 'correct' version of the S8 installation CDs when creating the SRT to get the 4u architecture?

Thanks All.

Regards,
CK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolV
Level 5
Ah, ok.
I think you need a GUI EEB for this.
Instead of the GUI, if you do a PTR using the bmrprep cli on the master server, it should go through.
I assume you are at 6.5.4?
If yes, then contact the support and ask for EEB from ET1724279 if you are using the Java GUI.

HTH,
AmolV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmolV
Level 5
Hi CK,

Any particular reason why you want to create a Sun4U arch. SRT?
Is bmrprep not allowing you to do a PTR using the sun4v SRT for your sun4u client?
Or are you facing any issues during restore while using a sun4v arch. SRT with a sun4u SRT client?
Theoretically, there shouldnt be any issues using a 4v srt with a 4u client (and the other way round too) so long as the other things match (like the OS level and update level)
When you create a SRT on a sun4v machine, it will always get an architecture field of 4v (similar for srt created on a 4u boot server)

HTH,
AmolV

oughck
Level 4
Hi AmoIV,

Thank you...i did not know that the 4v SRT can be used to BMR restore 4u clients. The reason why i suspect so is that when i right-click on the BMR client GUI and select prep to restore, the dialog box does not give me any options to select an SRT...it's simply blank.

The BMR client is S8 4u but the SRT is S8 4v.

Regards,
CK

AmolV
Level 5
Ah, ok.
I think you need a GUI EEB for this.
Instead of the GUI, if you do a PTR using the bmrprep cli on the master server, it should go through.
I assume you are at 6.5.4?
If yes, then contact the support and ask for EEB from ET1724279 if you are using the Java GUI.

HTH,
AmolV

oughck
Level 4
Thanks...i've got it.