cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force backup to run on media server

Seth_E
Level 6

Hi there,

I just setup a new media server and configured library sharing. How do I ensure that backups from a particular client backup to this new media server only?

Previous, we had one master server which handled all backups but now, we are growing and require this media server to handle the bulk of new jobs.

Much appreciated.

Seth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Create a storage unit for the new media server, then select the storage unit in policy for this client.

Adding a storage unit is normally the final step of the Device Config Wizard.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Create a storage unit for the new media server, then select the storage unit in policy for this client.

Adding a storage unit is normally the final step of the Device Config Wizard.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You need to ensure the policy where the client is configured point to a storage unit handled by the new media server. In general Netbackup has to tool for "single" clients because Netbackup work on a policy level.

Using "Storage unit groups" are great when scaling perforance using multiple media servers. Take a look in the NBU admin guide for how they work.

Seth_E
Level 6

OK will do. I selected my storage units so that they use any media server, but, I'll create ones dedicated to the particular media server and work with that. Thanks again!