cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Encrypted Tape

Kev_Lamb
Level 6

Hi,

I have a site that will be closing that uses a Spectra Logic library with encryption key set, I was wondering what is the best proceedure to reuse the tapes in our other libraries, is it a case of importing the old site library key into the other library or can I create a volume pool and place these in the library and run a relable or erase on each tape?7

Apologies if this is in the incorrect forum, if the admin can move it to the right one it would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you do not want the data on the tapes, then you can just relabel them in a different library.

You might need to untick the option "Verify media label before performing operation" .

If the tapes currently have data, and the master server is common to your closing site and other site(s), you would need to expire the tapes beform relabel.

If you wish to keep the data, then yes, you will need to provide the encryption key to the other library.   You would also need to check the that the 'other' libraries present the same number of characters in the barcode as the Spectra Logic library.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you do not want the data on the tapes, then you can just relabel them in a different library.

You might need to untick the option "Verify media label before performing operation" .

If the tapes currently have data, and the master server is common to your closing site and other site(s), you would need to expire the tapes beform relabel.

If you wish to keep the data, then yes, you will need to provide the encryption key to the other library.   You would also need to check the that the 'other' libraries present the same number of characters in the barcode as the Spectra Logic library.

Many thanks for the reply, we would no longer require the data so sould be able to just relable them in the other sites library.

Kev

Attitude is a small thing that makes a BIG difference