cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Bare Metal Restore 6.5

olivieri_tizian
Level 3
Hi all
I'm testing NB Enterprise 6.5 by Bare Metal Restore, but I doesn't know if I need a specific Licensing to use this option
I've NB clients Standard Licensing, vaulting, library etc.
Only when I inserted the client licensing on server the option BMR was appear
ps:
when tray to restore the clent i receive this error: Failed to verify backupSmiley Indifferent

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

David_Thomas_2
Level 2
I am getting the same error, although I have the eval key with all enabled options, so I doubt its a licensing error. I am going to try it on a different host/hardware and see if that is any different.

David_Thomas_2
Level 2
Tried a different client and hardware, still same error message. I have opened a support ticket, so we'll see where that leads.

marc_thibodeau
Level 3
I have the same issue trying to restore from backup. Have you had any resolution?

Scott_Warmbier
Level 3
Employee Accredited Certified
Couple of suggestions:

Make sure you're backing up just the system volume (to start).  In a policy that contains a few clients.
Also try to initiate a restore based upon a specific backup (not the last successful backup)
Double check that the client is at the same NBU rev as the Server and that you've updated
your BMR boot server to match

marc_thibodeau
Level 3
I've made sure all your suggestions were correct. Under the log file created by the job I have "nbutils.cpp:NBUVeritfyBackup() Failed to get backup list"

This is the last entry in the log files before it asks me to try it again.

Marc

Frankie_Ng
Level 3

Hi brothers, I also got this error message when I restore BMR, any suggestions on it? thank you very much

Clieman

marc_thibodeau
Level 3

I don't have a quick fix. Here are my findings.

1. DNS issues. The DNS name for the Netbackup server referenced an all ready used IP address. Once cleanup, it worked.

2. My backup was corrupted. I never was able to find the exact issue, but I tried a different server and it worked.

3. When you start your BMR, if you are on dissimilar hardware, make sure the original source client is turned off. And Make sure in your dissimilar hardware client configuration, you modify it with the new MAC address of your destination server.