cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How stop "In Progress" Backup Job

Melanie_Szabo
Level 3
Hi,

we use Netbackup Server 5.0. A have stoped a job for a Client but the "Job tracker" shows still "in progress". How can I end the backup job without restart the server???

Thanks for your help

Melanie
2 REPLIES 2

Melanie_Szabo
Level 3
I found the solution! I have killed the tracker.exe task.

Stumpr2
Level 6
yes kill it ...and then bury it!

DOCUMENTATION: How to disable the Client Job Tracker on a NetBackup client
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/267253.htm

Disabling the Job Tracker from starting automatically

The method to disable tracker from starting automatically is different, depending upon the version of the NetBackup client.

NetBackup 3.4 and 4.5
Within NetBackup 3.4 and 4.5, the tracker is simply placed in the Windows Startup group. To disable it, remove it from the startup group:

1. Click Start on the Windows Start Menu
2. Click Programs and then Startup
3. Delete the tracker from this list

NetBackup 5.x
Within NetBackup 5.x, the Job Tracker is no longer found in the Windows Startup section. It must be disabled from within the registry, using the following steps:

1. From the Windows Start menu, click Start | Run
2. Run Regedit
3. Browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key in the left hand pane of regedit
4. In the right hand pane, delete the value for VERITAS NetBackup Client Job Tracker
5. Close the registry editor

Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes.

Subsequent patches or installs performed on the client may result in the tracker automatically starting again. If this is encountered, perform the steps outlined in this document to remove it again.