cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Change the host name of netbackup master server

Netbackup-Suppo
Level 3
We are in the process of migrating netbackup environment from one location to another with entire new setup(Master server hostname are different) and we are running Netbackup 6.0 MP4. Since the backup volume is huge the catalog import for most of the backup takes long time. How can we fasten this process? Is it possible to change the host name of the master server in the new setup as of the old one, so that we can transfer the catalog images from old system to new to avoid catalog import. Please suggest.
Regards, Prem.
4 REPLIES 4

CY
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

Please see this thread:

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=21&thread.id=44639

Hope it gives you some idea.

Netbackup-Suppo
Level 3
Hi,
The info provided is useful and my case is different. I have configured the new master with a hostname and device configuration, media server configuration has been completed. Now the request is to change the hostname of the master server. How do I perform this task?

Regards, Prem.

CY
Level 6
Certified
Well, that would be a BIG trouble.  Remember the current NBU master's hostname is already everywhere in the NBU Catalogs.  I'd suggest you to call Tech Support and see what they say (I guess they would refer you to their Professional Service) Smiley Sad  which means a lot of money - is it really necessary to rename the master server?

Maybe you can use their answer to reject the request.  Smiley Wink

Netbackup-Suppo
Level 3
Hi,
It is altogether a new setup. Intial configuration has been done with a hostname and due to some naming conventions they would like to change the hostname of the master server. There is no backup has been taken in this setup, only a few test backup and restore has been performed. Instead of doing a full reconfiguration, I would like to know is there any alternate way of doing it. If not, I need delete all the configurations and redo the same.

Regards,
Prem.