cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find last succesful backup details for around 150 clients

c-Surendra_Redd
Level 3

Hi Guy,

Any one please help me how to find last succesful backup deatils for around 150 + clients at a time .

I am using bpimagelist command to find last succsful backup for  single client .but i need  script or any other alternative solution to get 150 + clients at a time .

Please do need ful 

Thanks 

surendra

11 REPLIES 11

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You've obviously got bpimagelist to work & give you the output you require, you can now take the next step & use bpplclients to produce a list of clients in your environment, then feed said list into a loop to run bpimagelist for each.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hoping you are on unix / Linux ....

This gives a list of clients

bpplclients |grep -v "\-\-\-" |grep -v Hardware |awk '{print $3}' |sort -u |while read LINE

do

bpimagelist -client $LINE

done

(Change bpimagelist command for your vesrion ...)

Martin

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

bpplclient -noheader -allunique | awk '{print $3}' | while read LINE

etc

***EDIT***

Too late, Windows anyway .....darn.

c-Surendra_Redd
Level 3

Hi Martin,

I am using netbackup master server 6.5.3.1(windows ) and 8000 clients presented in the master server. now i want last succfull backup for 150 + clients( i have client list with me ) . is there any possiblity to get single out for those clinets .

i need a script or i need any alternative solution .

Thanks 

surendra

c-Surendra_Redd
Level 3

hi andy,

i don't want client list in the environment. i have client list with me now . just i want to know how to find last succssful backup for those clients?

like :

cd Program Files\VERITAS\NetBackup\bin\admincmd>

bpimagelist -U -client <clinet name> -d 01/01/2012 -e 01/09/2012.

if i use the above command i will get single client output. but i need 150 + clients output at a time .

please help me out 

Thanks

surendra

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

& as Martin tried to show before either of us were aware that you were running in a Windows environment, was that bpplclients could be used to produce your list of clients which you could then use to feed into the script/loop to produce your output.

Now as you have stated you already have your list so bpplclients is not required in this instance.

Unfortunately, like Martin, I'm from a *NIX background & could only script in Windows with more than a little help - so we need input from elsewhere to translate Martins simple loop into a Windows recognisable format - this would be a very simple job for those that can!

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

One stop. OPsCenter .. Amazing Graphical reports.

More over it's complimentary. Except for Analytics if you need BI Reports (Chargeback etc)

Deploy it on any of media servers or On Master server (Do not install if master server is heavily loaded with jobs etc)

Configure the reports of client success ratio. Client summery (gives failed, partial success and successful percentile)

clients not backed up (will give you report on when lastly client was successfully backed up)

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just install a Unix bash shell in windows and use that ...  Unix command in windows, way to go ...

Martin

c-Surendra_Redd
Level 3

Hi,

we have opscenter configured ..can u guide me how to configured last backup success report only few clients..

simple steps i need .. or else can any one guide me how  find solution using netbackup without opscenter ..

Thanks 

surendra

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Create new report (use existing template). Expand Clients report - Select Client not backed up

Export report in CSV format and filter out with excluding clients which are not required.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi Surendra

Were you able to retrieve reports  for all clients.? If so pls close thread by marking it as solved to post which helped you most