cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor multiple netbackup domains

nasahasha
Level 5

Hi,

I have 14+ netbackup domains to monitor daily,we have opcenter alerts enable and will be getting mails.howerver my daily job involves to login into each domain,check for active/queue,restore failures,long running jobs and other stuff.I have netbackup admin console 7.5 install on my device.I was told to close existing admin console and login again first thing in the morning as ativity monitor may hung,slow or may not be correct(because of network or other issues) if you keep same window open for long.

So,Daily I have to login into 14+ NBU domain,its taking my time.

Is there a way I can make this process easy?

Having scripts or enabling more opscenter alert is not option as its mandatory to login into ADMIN GUI and check.

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

> my daily job involves to login into each domain,check for active/queue,restore failures,long running jobs and other stuff.

Why don't you check these stuff throught OpsCenter console?

nasahasha
Level 5

Problem with opscenter is,We have 4 opscenter,one has 9 domains and others have two each which may increase.Opscenter with 9 domains is overloaded and it responds very slow,we are trying to fix it.

With opscenter I think I cannot create new policies or add clients to new polices,cant manage devices as i do with admin console(once I am done with monitoring my next thing will be troubleshooting,adding or removing policies,devices)

We are seeing few issues with opscenter as it has large data to collect,its been addressed to symantec.

opscenter is not a option atleast for now.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I could not think out any other option if it is mandatory to login through Java GUI. It is only option to login and check by eyes and hands in this condition.

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Naseer,

i think you dont have any option ,  unless you are very much comfortable with command line interface ( were  you are do some activities quickly..)

but always adin console has some advantages..

its always depends on you how quicky and smartly you perform the tasks that you have daily..