cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover Netackup Master server.

anjan_das2004
Level 2

Hi All,

This is regarding Disaster Recovery i have some dought is it possible to recover Netbackup master when below mention information not availble.

1. No DR file inforamtion available.

2. No information available for Last Catalog backup Tape ID.

3. No Mail send information option enable when successful catalog complete.Example DR file as well Tape ID.

If it is possible to recover then how can i recover my netbackup enviroment then Please provide me details in step.

Appriciate for your great help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

1. Not Clever...

2. Not Clever...

3. Not Clever....

If it is possible to recover?

Do phase 1 import of ALL tapes in the library.
Hopefully you will be able to identify a catalog backup amongst all of them. Do phase 2 import for catalog tape, then recover catalog.
If no catalog tape identified, start with phase 2 import of ALL tapes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

1. Not Clever...

2. Not Clever...

3. Not Clever....

If it is possible to recover?

Do phase 1 import of ALL tapes in the library.
Hopefully you will be able to identify a catalog backup amongst all of them. Do phase 2 import for catalog tape, then recover catalog.
If no catalog tape identified, start with phase 2 import of ALL tapes.

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Unless you can identify the catalog backup tape, no chance - unless you run -mcontents on every tape to try and identify the catalog tapes from the backup headers.  Even this is complex, as you would have to manually create a media DB entry for each tape (presuming a NBU reinstall).

If you can id the tape, easy, you can import the tape, and recreate the DR file (the DR file is simply the header file).

The answer to your question, is not to get into that situation, make sure you have the DR file, copied off, of emailed off the system.

That is the only correct answer.  As I said, if you have none of this information you have big problems.

Martin

Taqadus_Rehman
Level 6

Following describes How to Recreate DR file

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH47797

and 

following link describs recovring Catalog without DR file

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO33934