cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to relocate the DR file path ?

DPO
Level 6

Is it possible to specify the alternate path for DR file in Catalog policy ? I tried specifying Media server path (UNC path) in DR file path but could not succeed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mouse
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you run NBU under LOCAL SYSTEM account, this account is not allowed to access UNC paths whatsoever by definition. Run NBU services under a domain account with local admin rights on the NBU server and try again.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Yes it's possible, why don't you mount the UNC path to a drive on the Master and then specify it that path?

Marianne
Level 6

Have you specified domain\user-name as well as password for user with write permission to UNC path?

This is now assuming that Master and Media are both Windows....
If not, please tell us OS on master and media server.

DPO
Level 6

I specified domain credentials to access the path (which has admin access) and also tried mapping the drive locally onto master server but no success.

Am I missing anyting else ?

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

When you say "no success", do you get an error? What is happening? Can you post a screenshot?

Marianne
Level 6

What is Os on your master?
And on your media server?

DPO
Level 6

Both master and media servers are windows....I tried specifying UNC path but backup failed and I tried searching for catalog DR file in that path. But could not find it...

Marianne
Level 6

You started this thread in July and chose to only respond in Sept?

Revaroo has asked for screenshots. Please do so? That way we can see what you see.
Please post screenshot of policy that shows DR file config.

Please also test connection from OS with Start, Run, \\hostname\path

What is the status of Catalog backup?

Mouse

If you run NBU under LOCAL SYSTEM account, this account is not allowed to access UNC paths whatsoever by definition. Run NBU services under a domain account with local admin rights on the NBU server and try again.

DPO
Level 6

Mouse,

When you say run NBU service using domain account on the server means on which server ? Master or the server to which I want to relocated DR file ?

Marianne,

Sorry for that. Till now we are saving DR file path in master server only. But just wanted to try to relocate to other server (one of media servers).

Mouse

I mean NBU services on the master server. These services will access/create the DR file over the network.