cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restore Full backup and differncial backup together

sagar666
Level 5

Hi,

One of our user accidently deleted all the files. I need to be restore now with all the contents.

1. How to know when full backup happened ?

2. I want to restore all files from full backup to differencial backup with one shot its possible?

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

in the Backup, Archive and Restore screen, choose the directory you want, then select Actions -> Set Date Range and specify Backup History

This will tell you the backup date and the schedule type (Full, Diff Inc etc), there you can specify the full and all of the incremental you will need.

Other than specifying the correct Restore type, that should be all you have to do.

View solution in original post

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Revaroo is right. The trick is to select both the full and incremental in one go.

Do *not* restore full first and then the incrementals

There are two "modes" to show the files. "Most recent" or "all versions". 

"Most recent" is default and is what you want to use.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

in the Backup, Archive and Restore screen, choose the directory you want, then select Actions -> Set Date Range and specify Backup History

This will tell you the backup date and the schedule type (Full, Diff Inc etc), there you can specify the full and all of the incremental you will need.

Other than specifying the correct Restore type, that should be all you have to do.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Revaroo is right. The trick is to select both the full and incremental in one go.

Do *not* restore full first and then the incrementals

There are two "modes" to show the files. "Most recent" or "all versions". 

"Most recent" is default and is what you want to use.

Genericus
   VIP   

LOL, When planning your backups, you need to plan for Disasters, as well as "dumb-asters"

Funny how, "Oops, I deleted my home directory" seems to be the more common issue.

I seem to get restore requests along the lines of " I deleted my file, but now I cannot remember which server it was on, or what directory it was in, or when I updated it last" 

Not only do you need to be NetBackup admin, but junior detective as well.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Any update on this, sagar666 ?

revarooo
Level 6
Employee