cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell definitively whether a Netbackup job is traveling on the backup LAN.

battlesae
Level 3

I hope that someone can answer this question.  How can you tell that a Netbackup job is traveling across the backup LAN?  Before I migrated my backup system from Backup Exec, I was able to see the IPs that the backup job was using for a particular backup.  In Backup Exec, the job log attached to the job details would give you all the IP info for the backup.  I noticed that Netbackup does not give the same IP details in the activity monitor.  Is there something configurable within Netbackup to give me these IP details?  My Netbackup master and media server run Netbackup 6.5.2 on Windows Server 2003 and most of my Netbackup clients are Windows.  Thanks for your help.

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Venkatesh_K
Level 5

try this

<install path>/veritas/netbackup/bin/bpclntcmd -hn <client name>

look at the IP it is resolving to this is the IP that netbackup is using.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Karthikeyan_Sun
Level 6

You can configure Backup Network in two Ways:

1. Making Host Entry in master server pointing to Backup Network ip of client.

2. Host Properties->Universal Settings->Use Specified Network Interface.

Check this and Let me know !!! 

raedwald
Not applicable
You could run wireshark or similar IP snooping software, run a backup and monitor your backup LAN.

Moeman
Level 4
You could run a backup job on ClientA and let it start to backup data over your backup network.  Then unplug the backup network NIC from ClientA and see if the job fails.  If it continues to run it is not running over your backup network.

Venkatesh_K
Level 5

try this

<install path>/veritas/netbackup/bin/bpclntcmd -hn <client name>

look at the IP it is resolving to this is the IP that netbackup is using.

battlesae
Level 3

Thank you for answering my question.  This command is very helpful.

Alex