cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto add whole drivers CD/DVD to NBU BMR database via "Bare Metal Restore - Boot Server Assistant"

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

Netbackup Server = 7.1

OS of Netbackup = 2008

Agenda

We want to do a BMR dissimilar restore. So we have to add all the Drivers of the Target Server to the Netbackup Server under BMR database via "Bare Metal Restore - Boot Server Assistant => Driver Package Wizard". We dont want to add each driver and also its "".inf"" file (which are actually multiple and tedious to pick the real .inf file). Is there any way in which we can give whole Drivers CD/DVD to the Netbackup Server which automatically add all the drivers to the BMR database automatucally ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I dont believe you can do this for a whole CD - you have to do it for each device (NIC or MSD) and for each O/S.

The best you can get it to add all available drivers for that item.

I seem to remeber that you can add packages manually into BMR without using the wizard but that would probably be even more work.

Bear in mind that once you have backed all of your servers up using BMR you will probably have most of the drivers you need anyway as they will have been discovered acroos your range of servers.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I dont believe you can do this for a whole CD - you have to do it for each device (NIC or MSD) and for each O/S.

The best you can get it to add all available drivers for that item.

I seem to remeber that you can add packages manually into BMR without using the wizard but that would probably be even more work.

Bear in mind that once you have backed all of your servers up using BMR you will probably have most of the drivers you need anyway as they will have been discovered acroos your range of servers.

Hope this helps