cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperv backup policy config

ln037
Level 3
Partner

I'm trying to create policy to backup my VMs on a Windows 2012 R2 Hyperv using netbackup 7.6.0.1.  I installed the client agent on all 4 cluster shared volume nodes. On the Hyperv tab, I entered hyperv cluster name. On the Clients tab, when browse and select the VM to backup nothing shows up. Did I miss something during the policy config? Please help!

5 REPLIES 5

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Are you getting an error when you try to browse? Also, please make sure NetBackup client service is running on the current owner (node) of the cluster.

You might need to check the hostname resolution on the NetBackup Master server. Follow this doc to troubleshoot: TECH215728

ln037
Level 3
Partner

NetBackup client service running on all 4 nodes. Forward & reverse DNS are working. Local windows firewall disabled. getting the error, "unable to connect". Any idea?

Baboujul
Level 2

Hello,

I'm using Netbackup 7.5.0.6 and I'm heading the same problem. I've a Windows 2012 R2 cluster with 2 node and 1 VM and Netbackup client 7.5.0.6 installed on each. When I try to create a Hyper-V policy, when I try to add client by browsing the cluster, I can see the cluster and the host but not the VM...

Could you help, any idea ? Thx.

ln037
Level 3
Partner

Actually I was unable to get it working. I still have the same problem, unable to browse the VM to backup. At this point I'd think 2012 R2 is not yet support on NBU 7.6.0.1.

Baboujul
Level 2

Thx, it would be appeciated that a Symantec technician could answer our question...