cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do believe in spooks

Stumpr2
Level 6
Is this forum acting strangely today for anyone else? I have had some of my replies to postings show up and then disappear. Threads that I have read are showing up again as unread. I thought maybe something was wrong with my browser, so I flushed all temporary internet files, etc...It's like VERITAS is using two servers that are not in sync..???Message was edited by:
Bob Stump
15 REPLIES 15

Stumpr2
Level 6
I do know that Vlicense is going to be unavailable until June 8th.
Coincidence?

zippy
Level 6
the same here

email time stamp is off tooMessage was edited by:
James Dunn

Julien_Mari
Level 4
Yeah it's going crazy, I'm posting and my post do not appear under the thread list, I'm checking a new thread with no answer, when I'm in the thread I can see several answer. Moreover, I'm receiving a lot of email for post updates, but I can't see them.

Stumpr2
Level 6
yeah, It's a good thing that the forum allows you to edit posts, since I have created multiple posts in the same thread.

Lance, your pretty close to becoming an enthusiast. Just one more point!

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
That being said, very nice post Bob...some call them spooks, I call them DEMONS! ;)

Stumpr2
Level 6
yeah, I believe in demons too. and I don't like 'em

Stumpr2
Level 6
I'm sorry to hear that so many of you are experiencing bumps in your forum experience. I am also sorry that I don't have anymore points to reward. I wish you well.

AKopel
Level 6
I have has this happen in the last few days...
I am 'watching' a thread, I get an e-mail that is has been updated, but when I go to the thread, nothing has been updated. Then I wait about an hour or so, and it finally updates.

AKopel
Level 6
Whoh!!! That was weird. I just replied to this forum at 12:16 and when I looked at it, I only saw Bob's 1st 2 posts. Now there are about a dozen!!!!
Crazy!

Stumpr2
Level 6
Here is a copy of an email I received:

Dear Customer;

As an Enterprise Flexible program user, we wish to ensure that you receive the information you need in a timely manner.

As part of the initiative to upgrade and enhance our application infrastructure, we will need to take down certain enterprise applications. The scheduled downtime is set to begin on June 2 and last until June 8. This downtime will be used to conduct a series of master data conversions which are prerequisite activities for the system upgrade that will be implemented in November. During this time, the Enterprise Flexible web site will be unavailable.

Should you urgently need a License Key during this downtime, feel free to contact your contract advisor.

Best regards,

zippy
Level 6
It's still doing it, maybe the folks in BANGALORE can fix it!

That's where Symatec's help desk and development are located! Save money yeah but let everyone suffer for it.

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
>>Save money yeah but let everyone suffer for it.
What do you mean by that??
The symantec development offices are spread all over India.
Veritas office is located In Pune.
This has nothing to do with the place.

zippy
Level 6
I knew if I said that it would ruffle some feathers!

Ha Ha.

I not sorry to say that Veritas used to be a good product when it was a California company!

Let me just say that many American created company's "export" labor to other lower paying labor force countries to show higher profits for their stock holders and in my "opinion" we all suffer for it in the long term and the short term. I have seen many call centers, development and IT management go to lower paying labor force countries and I see friends loose jobs because of the this type of "job exporting".

and you say

This has nothing to do with the place.
Yes it does.

I think that years of experience are very important when it comes to the IT profession and in the case of India; a country that has been given allot of other countries IT work in a short time span and this excessive amount of work has caused a great deal of strain on India's ability to provide experienced skilled IT employees, hence causing a great deal of pain on our part tasked to support a poorly designed Application, AKA Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.x.

Deepak my freustartion is not pointed at you, so dont take it personal. :)

Have a great day,

JD

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
Hi,

>>I see friends loose jobs because of the this type of "job exporting".
Nothing can be done about that. This applies to even people in countries were the work is out-sourced. Some day work in here will be sent to more economical location.
The only way out is develop skills.

>>a country that has been given allot of other countries IT work in a short time span and this >>excessive amount of work has caused a great deal of strain on India's ability to provide >>experienced skilled IT employees,
All the people selected are highly professional. And software companies take great deal of pain in recruiting the right people. These people are not burdened with work. I know the competition in exams to get selected. Only the BEST get selected.
Symantec does not want to loose to the competition.

A fact - Netbackup development and support are based here with Veritas in Pune.

And as far as this site is considered, it has to do with IGNORANCE with management. The company is growing and has been merged, there may be more important tasks than maintaining forums.

>>so dont take it personal.
Nope I never took it personally.

May be some one speak with the representatives from Symantec.
I appreciate your time in replying message

Best Regards,
Deepak.

Stumpr2
Level 6
It is strange that I was able to award 30 points in a single thread! wow. That is a record that I will cherish. Can anyone top me in being a rewarder of points in a single thread? Try to beat my record of 30.Message was edited by:
Bob Stump