cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORT

NIKHIL234656595
Level 6

I have done a tape import,when my images were expired from tape.i import that tape as tape was not overwritten.

But how to do it in case of disk?

whats the basics?I mean on disk how we can know whether overwritten or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Generally, there are not going to be there :

When NBU does the cleanup and expired images on disk, the fragments are deleted.  There is nothing to import.

On occassion, you can do it, but only for example, if you are importing images to rebuild the catalog information becasue it has been damaged, but the images themselves have not been removed from the disk.  Or, only the image catalog has been deleted due to running the wrong commands ...

You do it a similar way :

In the catalog screen of the GUI, :

Actions > Import

You can select to specify a disk to import as opposed to tape.

The process is the same.

Martin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Generally, there are not going to be there :

When NBU does the cleanup and expired images on disk, the fragments are deleted.  There is nothing to import.

On occassion, you can do it, but only for example, if you are importing images to rebuild the catalog information becasue it has been damaged, but the images themselves have not been removed from the disk.  Or, only the image catalog has been deleted due to running the wrong commands ...

You do it a similar way :

In the catalog screen of the GUI, :

Actions > Import

You can select to specify a disk to import as opposed to tape.

The process is the same.

Martin

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Addition to Martin's ports:

DOCUMENTATION: How to import disk images into VERITAS NetBackup (tm) 6.0

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43834

I belive the TN work for NBU 7.x as well.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Martin is correct - expired disk images are removed/deleted from disk during Image Cleanup.

This means you cannot import expired disk images.

Only disk images from 'another environment' can be imported, for example where you have more than one master server in your environment.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

import from disk images does not set disk volumes as read only. You can write data into disk.

NIKHIL234656595
Level 6

ok.

How disk images from other environment can be imported?

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Exactly the same as tape, you connect the disk to the new environment, configure it as advanced disk or basic disk, the run phase 1 and phase 2 imort (but select disk instead of tape in the pop up window).

Martin