cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental backup as full

DFO
Level 3

I am backing up over 50 servers at my site, and I have encountered a problem I haven't seen before.

One of the servers (windows) that I do not administer has a single partition which backs up 99% of the disk (About 700gb) every night. The disk only has 720 gigs of data.

I've tried using both archive bit, and time stamped backups. I've disabled TIR. I've done manual backups, using a full then an incremental, and the problem still exists.

There are no services changing the files. (Virus Scanners, etc). 

Is my only option to get the client to format that specific partition, or has anyone found another method?

We're running 6.5.1, on Solaris 10. Master server runs Storage Migrator, and I have a second media server just for backups.

3 REPLIES 3

Dennis_Ayala1
Not applicable
Partner Certified

There was an issue with a previous version of NB 6.5 that in some occassions incremental backups didn't work properly and the backup ended as a full image. This issue was addressed and fixed on NBU 6.5.2A. I'd recommend you update to the latest ersion to ensure proper funtionality.

Dennis

Stumpr2
Level 6
Perhaps the files change daily. I have had some servers do that and I switched to daily fulls to eliminate the file selection process.

DFO
Level 3

Just upgraded (finally to 6.5.2a). Still having the issue.

I know the files aren't changing daily, as it's a partition with over 850gb of data, and all 850g are getting picked as incrementals.

Like I said, nothing is touching the files via apps, like virus scanners, etc.

I am starting to believe that the machine has a bad filesystem. I may just tell them to blow it away.

Thanks for the help.