cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing client software on Windows 2000.....help!

BlueChris69
Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to install NBU 6 MP5 onto a Windows 2000 server (client) but it's failing with the following error:

Internal error 2755 <path name\veritas Netbackup Client.msi

The way i'm installing it is by mapping a drive from the client to the master server and running the install from there. It works fine on Win 2003 servers but just not on 2000. Has anyone come across this before or know of a solution?

Thanks,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6

W2K must be a minimum of SP4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/268264.htm

try this doc.

I have had issues with it before.

BlueChris69
Level 3

Bob

All Service Packs are at least 4...

Cheers,

Chris

dami
Level 5

I've hads problems many times trying to install a windows clients directly from a share. I've found that physically copying the install binaries (PC_Clnt about 100MB) to a local temporary location and running from there usually does the trick. You may have other issues though too, eg with msi or previous incomplete installs

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

Good point dami.....

I can never install to a 2000 server from a mapped drive.

I always have to copy it to a local drive and do the install ( then I can remove the copy of the install software).

Something about 2000 and that mapped drive just does not work.

BlueChris69
Level 3

I copied the CD over to the server from our master server but now when i run the Launch.exe it doesn't even attempt to run....!?

Smiley Mad 

Chris

dami
Level 5

You dont need to run launch. You should run <CDcopy>\PC_Clnt\X86\setup.exe

For client installations you do not need to copy the entire CD, just the PC_Clnt folder. if this setup does not run, then I would look at your msi versions and look for event messages referring to it.