cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing windows san media server

ldias
Level 4

I've already installed a linux san media server. It's already working.

Today I tried to install a windows san media server. The installation itself ran ok. I installed as a media server (selected media server option on setup screen) and on license screen I entered a Netbackup Enterprise Client license.

This san media server is listed in bp.conf of the master sever as a SERVER entry, it is NOT on the first line.

The master can fully resolve the name of the media (forwards and backwards) and also that the media can resolve the master.

Until here everything runs ok. After that I restarted the master server. But when I open the master console, this san media server is not appearing on media servers section.

I also have a linux media server and it appears on media server section. What I'm doing wrong ? Why it's not showing this media server on 'media servers section'

Just for information, I also ran this command on master /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbemmcmd -listhost and my windows san media server isn't there.

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Add it to EMM as follows:

nbemmcmd -addhost -machinename <hostname> -machinetype <type> -masterserver <master_hostname> -netbackupversion <version> -operatingsystem <os>

nbemmcmd -addhost -machinename mymedia2 -machinetype media -masterserver mymaster -netbackupversion 7.1 -operatingsystem windows

If I remember correctly, it will appear as Media Server once you have added devices and STU.