cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Restoring exchange database

kezhils
Not applicable

HI,

I need some clarifications, please help me to clear, This is regarding exchange 2010 db restore...

1. In Netbackup console i have selected DB01.edb to restore but after restore, exchange team updated  in explorer DB43.edb file only displaying instead of showing DB01.

2. I have selected option autmatic mount after restore but after restoring exchange 2010 database is not getting mount automatically, 

3. while restoring log files going different folder(Log\restoredlogs) instead of going actual folder Log.

This is happening for some of the db restores.

And exchanage team telling notable to mount the db, restore it again. 

Finally after repairing the DB got mounted in exchange, but its taking more time and they are telling it is a permanant solution and asking permanant solution.

Please help me to resolve

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am curious about the fact that you are able to select DB01.edb filename when doing an Exchange Agent restore?

I have never seen filenames being displayed for agent backup and restore - only the logical Information Store or DAG DB names.

If you restored the Information Store to a Recovery DB, it makes sense that the filename at OS level will be different.

Restore location of logs is not controlled by NBU - this is all to do with Exchange configuration.
NBU sends the data to Exchange. 
Exchange knows where to put the data because of Exch config.

Have a look at this TN and video on how to restore Exch 2010 to RDB.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41852

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I am curious about the fact that you are able to select DB01.edb filename when doing an Exchange Agent restore?

I have never seen filenames being displayed for agent backup and restore - only the logical Information Store or DAG DB names.

If you restored the Information Store to a Recovery DB, it makes sense that the filename at OS level will be different.

Restore location of logs is not controlled by NBU - this is all to do with Exchange configuration.
NBU sends the data to Exchange. 
Exchange knows where to put the data because of Exch config.

Have a look at this TN and video on how to restore Exch 2010 to RDB.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO41852