cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for single SQL server?

Runsten
Level 2

Hi, a newbie question.

We have a W2k3 SQL 2008R2 server, with a DLT320 singletape tapestation locally attached via SCSI.

We will install the Netbackup program on the SQL server.

What kind of licenses do I need?

I suppose I need a Netbackup server licens and a App&DB pack licens, do I need a clientbackup licens?

And what about Tapestation licens?

I have tried to find some info, but all licens examples are about very complex systems.

Best regards // Mikael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mspadea
Level 3
Partner Accredited

by "single tape" I assume you mean single drive.

App/db pack takes the place of a client license.

You will need enterprise server license, and app/db pack.

The first tape drive connected to the media server (which I assume when you say the netbackup program on the SQL server you mean master/media server combination) is included in the media server license. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mspadea
Level 3
Partner Accredited

by "single tape" I assume you mean single drive.

App/db pack takes the place of a client license.

You will need enterprise server license, and app/db pack.

The first tape drive connected to the media server (which I assume when you say the netbackup program on the SQL server you mean master/media server combination) is included in the media server license. 

Runsten
Level 2

Thank you, for a very quick answer smiley

Yes, it's only one server (SQL with Netbackup and tape drive), and yes it's a single tape trive (only one casette DLT), no "robot".

The "media server licence" is also included in the "enterprise server license" ?

Best regards // Mikael

mspadea
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Yes, Enterprise server license includes master or media server, or a combination master/media for smaller deployments.

It is licensed per populated processor socket.  So make sure you know your hardware specs when speaking with your reseller

Runsten
Level 2

Thank you for your time and answers.

Best regards! // Mikael

mspadea
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Anytime!