cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for command line to preview volumes needed for a restore

BackupRob
Level 2
Hello Gurus and experts,

I am looking to restore a few files to an another system where I cannot export jnpSA window to restore a file.
1. Do you know the command line to preview volumes for a specific files to restore?
2. I need to check tape content of files files backed from the previous night using the command line.

Thank you for your expertise
5 REPLIES 5

Roobix_Cube
Level 5
Using bpimagelist with "-L" will tell you just about everything you need (Backup ID, Policy Type, Files File Name, Media ID used, expirations, etc). 

usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd> bpimagelist -client [client_name] -L -d MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS -e MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS

(where "d" is a time you know was before the desired backup and "e" is a time known to be after the backup)

Good Luck!

BackupRob
Level 2
Thanks. However, I was interested in obtaining the preview command for the exact media needed to restore a specific file. Let say the client name is clientx and the path needed to be restore is /usr/clientx/test.xls. Please, how do I locate the exact tape media number where the file was actually backed up.

Thank you to all the gurus and expexts for your kind help.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Preview reports on the image level and not on the filename level.

Daryl_Kinnaird
Level 4
If you have admin rights, have you tried to use the backup archive and restore from the GUI. Enter the information of source client and destination client.  Use backup history to find the date from which you want the restore to be done. Then select the file path that you want resored and then click preview and it will list the media that will be needed for the restore.

Daryl_Kinnaird
Level 4
In response for item 2 on you request. You can use the bpflist command to see what files were backed up, well use your clientx as an example.

bpflist -client clientx -d 12/04/2007 00:00:00 -e 12/04/07 23:59:59 -rl 999 -option GET_ALL_FILES

I usually pipe it and add an awk statement of awk '{print $10 }' so that I get just the filepaths backed up.

This does not give the media id used for backup but you can get the list of files backed up form the previous night. Smiley Happy