cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS SQL Problem

Level 3
I am using Veritas Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on Window Server 2003

Here is my situation,

I had a MS SQL backup policy. Everytimes when the policy run, it will first fire the automatic backup. In the automatic backup, it allocated a media tape A. After the automatic backup fired, it will follow by the application backup. Isn't the application backup should take back the same media tape A? But for my situation, the application backup will take another media tape B instead of media tape A. How to solve this problem?

I have about 3 sql backup policy. If this happen, it will use up many media tape.
Please help....
8 REPLIES 8

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Check your backup policy's attribute. In the schedule of Default-Application, have you check/enable override policy volume pool or storage unit?

Level 3
No. I not select override volume pool and storage unit in the defaul application attribute.

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
Does the Automatice Backup schedule and Application Backup Schedule has different retention priod defined?

Level 3
Both have the same retention period.

Level 3
Both have the same retention period.

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
I;ve check against my activity monitor and found that the detail status of Automatic Backup schedule doesn't mount any tape (just something like start bpbrm, connecting, end writing). Only the detail status of Default-Application schedule contain mount of media. But I'm on NB51 instead.

In you backup selection, do you have other item besides one bch file?

Level 3
5.1 is difference. When i using 5.1, there is no such problem.
After upgrade to 6.0, everytime a backup fire, it will grant the resource before the backup start.
For sql backup, automatic backup will grant the resource and application backup will start to backup the sql.
My problem is automatic backup grant media tape A while application backup done on media tape B.
I need a solution for this.

Level 3
5.1 is difference. When i using 5.1, there is no such problem.
After upgrade to 6.0, everytime a backup fire, it will grant the resource before the backup start.
For sql backup, automatic backup will grant the resource and application backup will start to backup the sql.
My problem is automatic backup grant media tape A while application backup done on media tape B.
I need a solution for this.