cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSEO Auditing

Help_Desk_14
Level 2
Hello,

Using MSEO, trying to use MSEO audting and was wondering if anyone out there has any knowledge of this; specifically how to get Netbackup values into the MSEO log files in Event Viewer.

I have modified the netbackup.xml audit template to say:

- <Audit>
<AuditLog>MSEO Backup Policy: MSEO PolicyName=|po.name|. NetBackupPolicy=|netbackup.policy|. KeyType=|po.keytype|. Compress=|po.compress|. KeyGroup=|po.enckey|.</AuditLog>
</Audit>

The MSEO policy is set to "permit audit netbackup".

The problem is surrounding NetBackupPolicy=|netbackup.policy|. of the audit file. How do i get that value to show in MSEO events?

Currently an event log shows this:

MSEO Backup Policy: MSEO PolicyName=MSEO_Policy. NetBackupPolicy=. KeyType=aes256. Compress=lzrw3. KeyGroup=MSEO_Key_Group. .

Notice the NetBackupPolicy is blank. What am I missing?

As I understand it I am supposed to place keywords into the NetBackup policy to then pass along to the MSEO server which then generates those event logs.

Currently a NetBackup policy has the following keywords:

<mseo> KeyGroup=MSEO_Key_Group; KeyType=aes256; Compress=lzrw3;</mseo>

Notice the <mseo> entries in the policy don't have anything related to MSEO PolicyName, but that value still shows up in the MSEO event log.

Basically I want the NetBackup Policy value to show up in the MSEO event logs and I have not been able to do it.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Reagan
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

This works with MSEO 6.1 and is just about all the logging that can be configured.
Placing each audit entry on a seperate line makes the event viewer easier to read.

<Audit>
<AuditLog>MSEO Backup Policy: MSEO
PolicyName=|po.name|.
KeyType=|po.keytype|.
Compress=|po.compress|.
KeyGroup=|po.enckey|.
AsymetricKeys=|po.allenckey|.
NetBackupPolicy=|NetBackup.policy|.
NetBackupSchedule=|NetBackup.schedule_name|.
Client_Info=|client.ip|.

Media_ID=|NetBackup.media_id|.
NetBackup BackupID=|NetBackup.image_id|.
Copynumber=|NetBackup.copy|.

Poolnumber=|NetBackup.pool|.

</AuditLog>

</Audit>