cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master/Media Servers 6.0....clients ???

Casey_King
Level 6
I am almost ready to make the move to 6.0 from 5.1mp6.  Sent the output from the nbcc to symantec for one last lookover.

Looking forward, my master and media servers will be at 6.0MP4, and I gathered a list of my clients and what version they are running.  The clients range from 4.0GA to 5.1.  When I move to 6.0, what client software will be supported?  Will I need to move every client to at least 5.1 or do they all need to go to 6.0 client?
5 REPLIES 5

agolia
Level 3
NetBackup 6.0 is backward compatible with the 5.1 client.  I would probably upgrade all of your 4.x clients to the 6.0 client before upgrading the 5.1 clients since they will continue to work after the 6.0 upgrade.

Casey_King
Level 6
I was thinking this would be the case.  I guess I better go have a chat with the exchange admin.  I know there have been problems with 5.1 running on the exchange servers.  4.5 works better.  Might have to jump passed 5.1 to the 6.0 client to see how it goes.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
We've never had a problem with client v5.1 MP6 on an MSCS active/passive cluster running Win 2000 Adv Srvr SP4, with MS Exchange 2000 (SP3?) - using NetBackup MS Exchange agent.

Stumpr2
Level 6

Casey King wrote:
 When I move to 6.0, what client software will be supported? 

Check the "Release Notes" and the "Compatibility Guide Matrix"

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Compatibility docs can be found here:
...fifth down in the list on the right hand side.