cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Multi NetBackup Master Servers

John_Doe_7
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am having a problem installing the NB 5.1 on 2 identical IBM AIX 5 servers.

What I want is 2 of them to be the servers (independent of each other).

So, I installed the netbackup server on 2 of them. First server installs fine, and so is the second one.

When I ran them:
The first machine opens the NB GUI fine and it is saying all the correct information (such as the server's name, etc), and on the left window panel, there are some of the options that I can choose.

But the second one opens as a client to the first machine as it says the netbackup server name of the first one, also source client and destionation client, and there is only one option on the left window panel (Backup, Archive, and Restore).

I check the bp.conf, it shows the right names of the server.

Another case:
If I uninstall the netbackup server on the first machine, and tried to open the netbackup on the second one, the login page will hang (status on the bottom saying login in progress) and after 30 seconds, connection will be timed out and says that error 505: cannot connect to remote host (what I describe is just the brief error message, not the actual one).

Could anybody please help me with this to configure the second machine as a independent server? Thank you.
0 REPLIES 0