cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBAC Granular permission

jacksors
Level 4
Does anyone know if you can select granular permissions with NetBackup Access Control?

When modifying the permissions of a default group or new group, if you check the top level category for permissions, it selects all sub permisssions and does not let you de-select them. Like for Policies, if you were to give them Operator permissions they could do the following:

- activate
- deactivate
- new
- delete

I would like to just give them activate and delete but it won't let me. Anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Abesama
Level 6
Partner

As you know, VxSS is not something we can test quickly - I think I have a VM image with it, but I'll have to find where it is...

In the mean time, I suggest creating a new user group from scratch, instead of copying existing user group - have you tried that already?

And, also, after selecting the "resource" like, Policy, try un-tick "everything", absoutely everything under policy, and then try click on the sub-components, Activate and Delete...?

Abe

PelleH
Not applicable
I have seen the same behaviour on a Solaris 10 X64 masterserver. Try to add/delete permissions on command line instead. Example (remove permission Restore, which is in the permissiongroup NBU_RES_BUAndRest, from group usergroup:

bpnbaz -delperms Restore -group usergroup -object NBU_RES_BUAndRest

This workaround did the trick for me a few weeks ago.

//Pelle