cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBPEM is behaving abnormally

ajiwww
Level 4

Hello All,

Noticed in last couple of days that policy managment is behaving abnormally. Lots of policy Storage units have gone to "any". lots of policy types are changed from oracle to standard, or windows to SQL, etc etc..vice versa.

Any idea what is happening and which logs to review. It happend twice already and we have reverted the changes manually

Below are details of master server;

AIX memcf-master 3 5 00C85B0F4C00

NetBackup-AIX5 6.5.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ajiwww
Level 4

somone was using "bpplinfo -set $POLICIES" in a script to generate some reports, instead of bpplinfo -modify by mistake. NBPEM have nothing to do with that surprise

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Stumpr2
Level 6

You may want to look at my scripts to monitor the policies. it is written for UNIX and you can adjust it as needed for your site. One nice feature is that it creates a tarball of the policies so you can extract the policy as it existed in the last 30 days. 

Here is a link to the one I posted in this forum:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/netbackup-policy-monitor-script

If I were to come across a policy that changed I would first wonder who has access to the GUI's.....

If I had a policy that was giving me problems I would delete it and rebuild one. That seems to fix a lot of policy/schedule related problems.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Expired demo license key?

Check on master with '/usr/openv/netbackup/admincmd/get_license_key'

ajiwww
Level 4

somone was using "bpplinfo -set $POLICIES" in a script to generate some reports, instead of bpplinfo -modify by mistake. NBPEM have nothing to do with that surprise

Will_Restore
Level 6

for viewing policy information don't use -set or -modify

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

" ..  instead of bpplinfo -modify  "???

NOT even that! bppllist is for viewing.