cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 6.5 DSU problems

Chris_Colvin
Level 4
Has anyone else had problems with Staging after moving to 6.5 from 5.1?  I have units that seem to not want to expire the old images, or stage off.   So far I haven't found any problems with restores, just lots of disk full problems.   My solution is to swap them out a few at a time and clean the old ones out manually.

Also, how do I set it so I only have one stream running from disk to tape for the DSUs at a time?  I use the DSUs to concentrate slow, small backups on disk and them move them to tape much more quickly than if they'd been written directly, when NBU spawns off 4 or 5 streams, it kills my read IOs.  
3 REPLIES 3

hajo
Not applicable
Certified

Hi,

Have the same problem. Upgraded from 6.0 MP5 to 6.5.2. Now the staging disk get full and I have to expire images manually. It seems to ignore the high water mark. I have opened a case with symantec but still no sollution.

/John

Veritas16
Level 2

my by the convertion of the image files are not running correctly. Delete all of the old images from NetBackup 5.1 and 6.0 over the Gui!

Stefan

Anton_Panyushki
Level 6
Certified

Perhaps you could limit the number of staging streams by MAX_STAGING_JOBS touch file. This approach did a trick in 5.1.

I was totally wrong in my suggestion. Here is the info on contemporary DSSU behaviour.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/301881.htm

Message Edited by Anton Panyushkin on 11-25-2008 05:22 AM