Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7.1 and installing agents

Jared_Swan
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi all

We recently upgraded our Master and Media servers from 6.5.6 to 7.1. Now we are looking to start pushing the new client out to all of the machines here. My question is about the db agents. In the past was this not a seperate install? I ran the client install package on the master server but it didnt seem to put any of the agents in where I would have expected them. What is the best way to roll this new client out to our servers and include the various agents that they currently use on 6.5.6

Our media and master servers are Solaris 10. Our clients are a mix of Win/Unix/Linux

Any help you can offer would be apprecieated

Thanks!

Jared

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Remember that the NBU client now includes ALL agents and options.

So, if you do 'update_clients' on the master, it will push the client binaries and the agents.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Remember that the NBU client now includes ALL agents and options.

So, if you do 'update_clients' on the master, it will push the client binaries and the agents.

Gaurav21
Level 4

Another question comes to my mind fom this as I will also be upgrading the client to 7.1 from 6.5.

once I do that on oracle client running RMAN, will I have to make any changes on the clients side. like relink the RMAN with NBU or anything. or it will work as usual after the upgrade.