cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU 7 multiple backups within backup window

Evan
Level 4

Hey Guys,

I noticed this issue since i upgraded from 6.5.4 to 7.0: It seems that my backups are running multiple times throughout the night. I dont have multiple copies set or anything, but i see some policies fire off 3-5 times in one backup window. I thought that if it completes in the backup window it will then move on to another job from a different policy? Instead it seems to keep backing up withing the backup window. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is happening? I know that dedupe is a part of NBU 7, so, im wondering if it thinks it can fire off more backups because with dedupe, it wont take up a lot of space, but I've yet to enable that, so right now its chewing up tons of space and making me have to expire some images so that i dont run out of room. Let me know if you guys need more information.

Thanks!

Evan
2 REPLIES 2

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
This has happened to me before.

1) check your policy and see if the upgrade may have inadvertently made a change to it - checking your frequency.
2) disable the policy and re enable it to force it to re-read it.  There is a command for that as well but I don't remember it right now.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
right now"

nbpemreq -updatepolicies ?

"...
Tells the NetBackup policy  execution  manager  to read in all pending policy updates.
..."