Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU JavaGui sessions spawning

romarqua
Level 2
Partner Certified

Hi

I'm running NBU javaGui 7.6.0.4 x64 bit on my machine.....when logging in it opens multiple sessions as can be seen in /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpjava-susvc......is this normal......can it cause a negative impact on the master server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

areznik
Level 5

This is normal, I suspect the java console opens multiple connections to the master so it can run several commands in parallel. I just tested this and I have 5 bpjava-susvc processes started for a single java console: 

areznikcli@master2:~> bpps -a | grep bpjava-susvc | grep areznik | wc -l

If you take a look at the beggining of this technote you can see this behavior, is confirmed by Symantec as intended (the rest of the technote does not apply here).  

I have never seen any problems, performance or otherwise from these processes, most of the time they are idle. If you have 100 people open Java consoles at once you might see an impact, but if its just you and a small team there should be no problem. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jaime_Vazquez
Level 6
Employee

It looks like the Java console is having issues authenticating the user id and password entered for the login.

I presume you started this with an invocation of "jnbSA"?  Look at the Java  log file for this. It should be in:

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/nbjlogs/*.log

romarqua
Level 2
Partner Certified

Hi

Thanks for the update but there is nothing in the logs that indicate authentication issues.....why is it that when I sign on to the javaGUI I see 4 sessions open? Please can you expalin this.......

areznik
Level 5

This is normal, I suspect the java console opens multiple connections to the master so it can run several commands in parallel. I just tested this and I have 5 bpjava-susvc processes started for a single java console: 

areznikcli@master2:~> bpps -a | grep bpjava-susvc | grep areznik | wc -l

If you take a look at the beggining of this technote you can see this behavior, is confirmed by Symantec as intended (the rest of the technote does not apply here).  

I have never seen any problems, performance or otherwise from these processes, most of the time they are idle. If you have 100 people open Java consoles at once you might see an impact, but if its just you and a small team there should be no problem.