cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU6 MP3 is out, has anyone started to deploy it yet?

Alasdair_McQuir
Level 4
NBU6 MP3 is out, has anyone started to deploy it yet?

Long list of fixes as well.
42 REPLIES 42

Alexandre_Rappo
Level 5
Hi Aaron and others,
Did your issues get fixed by syamntec?

We are having the exact same issues regarding the pempersist file and the 1KB backup images...

These bugs are very nasty as you need a very close monitoring to spot them...

We just logged a call to Symantec, even if we already have mp3 + lastest binaries.

thanks for your help guys...

Martin_Falk
Level 3
Regarding the problem with "nbjenjob.exe failed to initialize properly" messages in eventlog I also opened a call with Symantec.

I run 6.0 MP3

My problem was resolved by this solution:

Resolution:

1. Click Start | Run and run regedt32

2. Browse to the following key in the registry editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems

3. Click to modify the "Windows" value.

4. Locate the SharedSection parameter within the data of this value. This parameter will have 3 or 4 values.

5. Increase the third value by 256 or 512.

For example, when the SharedSection equaled "1024,3072,512,512" in one case, changing it to "1024,3072,1024,512" resolved the issue.

Although not relative to SQL Server, the problem and resolution experienced here is relative to the problem documented in the below Microsoft KB Article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824422

My backups run fine for the 2nd day now.

Regards

MartinMessage was edited by:
Martin Falk

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
I have had problems with jobs ending and it looking ok. then I look at the details and I will see that it failed with an error so it isn't really a good backup. I have also been gettting media write errors. My backups were working flawlessly till upgrading to 6.0 mp3 from 5.1mp3. Complete PITA.

PBX seems to loose it's marbles on occasion. The daemon is running but I cannot see my drives or if I try and look and see my media nothing is there. I have to shut down netbackup and PBX and start PBX and then Netbackup.