Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP path is different

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
NBU 5.1MP4, Solaris 9

Hi, Im not a NDMP expert and I dont understand much about that, I have some issues with a couple of drive who had a different SN and I want to fix that but under the drive path which is different also is changes a lot, check this from tpconfig -l

drive - 0 hcart3 1 UP - NDMPA-F1-LTO1-1 /ndmp//dev/rmt/0cbn

drive - 1 hcart3 2 DOWN - NDMPA-F1-LTO1-2 /ndmp//dev/rmt/1cbn

drive - 2 hcart3 3 UP - NDMPA-F1-LTO1-3 /ndmp//dev/rmt/2cbn

drive - 3 hcart3 4 UP - NDMPA-F1-LTO1-4 /ndmp//dev/rmt/3cbn

The /ndmp folder doesn't exists and under the tpautoconf config I have the following:

TPAC45 IBM ULT3580-TD1 5AU1 6891608945 -1 -1 -1 -1 /dev/rmt/0cbn - -

TPAC45 IBM ULT3580-TD1 5AU1 1390206532 -1 -1 -1 -1 /dev/rmt/1cbn - -

TPAC45 IBM ULT3580-TD1 5AU1 1390212019 -1 -1 -1 -1 /dev/rmt/2cbn - -

TPAC45 IBM ULT3580-TD1 5AU1 6811201482 -1 -1 -1 -1 /dev/rmt/3cbn - -

For me this just to say in some way that those drives are NDMP, but Im not 100% sure, so to update this serial number and paths I want to run the commands:

vmoprcmd -devconfig "-update -drive 0 -path /dev/rmt/0cbn"

vmoprcmd -devconfig "-update -drive 1 -path /dev/rmt/1cbn"

vmoprcmd -devconfig "-update -drive 2 -path /dev/rmt/2cbn"

vmoprcmd -devconfig "-update -drive 3 -path /dev/rmt/3cbn"

I dont want to scramble this anymore, can someone please confirm me if this is the correct way to do it or if there is any other way?

Thanks for your help, have a good one.

5 REPLIES 5

zippy
Level 6
Do you have NDMP configured on your master?

If you dont then dont worrie about it.

as for the serial numbers, i would not worrie about that too.

The system (netbackup) needs to know the device path like /dev/dsk/cxtxdx and the logical position of the tape drive withinthe library.

You can fix the serial numbers but, it a pain in the you know what.

Tape drives are mechanical and fail often, the serial numbers are just fluff in the gui.

JD

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Hi,

Thanks for the post James, I still have a question about the path under the tpconfig (/ndmp//dev/rmt/#cbn) and under tpautoconf (/dev/rmt/#cbn) did you know why is the /ndmp// path there? and if Im planning to fix that path with vmoprcmd how do I do that? just running has I post it? or there is an special way?

Again thanks for your help.
Regards

zippy
Level 6
search the forums for

globDB

JD

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee
Finaly I get the answer for this, to add the /ndmp/ flag to the path of any drive who is going to backup a NAS with NDMP protocol use tpconfig on the media server who has the access to the NAS and the Library (Configuration know has Remote NDMP) select option 1 on tpconfig (Drive configuration), then Update drive and give the drive name to modify, you can hit enter to all the settings but when you get to the path, you must change it has follows:

mediaserver:/dev/rmt/Xcbn

this will indicate to netbackup that this drive is available for NDMP backups trought this media server, hit enter to the rest of the configuration, now you can use that drive for NDMP backups, also ensure that the NDMP STU has the proper number of drives configured, restart ltid and you are done.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards.

Message Edited by Omar Villa on 11-11-2007 08:47 PM

rclegarto
Level 4
Certified

Does a deadlock event could be a cause of unexpected system shutdown?