cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP protocol backup configuration question:

Joe_Despres
Level 6
Partner
I have a customer who has placed their Ingres Database on a NetApp Filer...

They mount their filesystems via NFS....

I do have a lto2 tape drive attached to the filer....

I do have other Ingres database servers that I'm backing up... I basically exclude everything then include in specific directories as directed by the dba's...

How would I do this for a ndmp configured backup? How do I exclude everything on the filesystems then include in some of the sub directories?

Thanks...

Joe Despres
3 REPLIES 3

zippy
Level 6
Joe,

NFS Backup's are a pain to manage.

How would I do this for a ndmp configured backup?
Take a look at my profile or click below.

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/search.jspa?threadID=&q=NDMP&objID=&dateRange=last90days&userID=jdunn5&numResults=15

You need an extension license for NDMP - Netbackup, the Toaster has NDMP installed on it already.

JD

Ankur_Kumar
Level 5
Hi Joe,
You can use this in your classs file list

SET EXCLUDE = *.snapshot
>/vol/vol1

for example we are excluding anything that ends witht he extension snapshot but backing up /vol/vol1

The way to exclude files on NetApp when using NetBackup with NDMP is to use an entry in the file list that sets the EXCLUDE NDMP environmental variable.
For example, if you wanted to exclude a directory named /vol/vol1/A, but wanted to dump the rest of the volume, your NetBackup class file list would look like this:
SET EXCLUDE = A
/vol/vol1
To exclude multiple files or directories, you would use commas to delimit the field:
SET EXCLUDE = A,B,C
/vol/vol1
The rules are stated as being the same as they are for native dump commands.
The exclude list is specified relative to the dump path. If a directory name or file name contains a space, you probably need to enclose the string in quotes:
SET EXCLUDE = 'file with space in name'
/vol/volx
Take a look at the ontap manuals for DUMP for more information.

I hope this helps youin some way or the other.

Chiao
Ankur Kumar

Joe_Despres
Level 6
Partner
I think I'll just use thre brute force method.....
That is backup all....

Thanks for the reply's....

Joe Despres