Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDMP restores are failing with error code 2826

abhinav_trivedi
Level 4
Certified

Hi Team,

NDMP backups are running fine, however restores are failing with error code 2826.

Please help me....

Regards,

A

5 REPLIES 5

Pritesh_Pisal
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Please elaborate more how you are trying to restore? destination? netbackup version

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO72924

NetBackup status code: 2826

Message: Master server failed to connect to backup restore manager on media server for restore

Explanation: A process on the master server cannot connect to a process on a host on the network. This error occurs when the process tries to initiate communication with the server that has the storage unit.

This problem can occur during a restore in either a single or a multiple server configuration.
Recommended Action: Try the following possible solution in the order presented:
From the master server, ping the master and all media servers by using the host names in the storage unit configuration.

From each of the media servers, ping the master server by using the name that is specified in the NetBackup server list. On a UNIX or Linux server, this master is the first SERVER entry in the bp.conf file. On a Windows server, the master is designated on the Servers tab in the Master Server Properties dialog box.
Check that all services are running on the media server.

More information is available for this status code.
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?StatusCode=2826

abhinav_trivedi
Level 4
Certified

@revaroo: Media server and master server are communicating with each other. Other restores are working fine.

@Pritesh Pisal: source and detination is ndmp machine. I have used alternate path while I am restoring. Path is like "source path\restore".

Everything looks good till positioning and the backup gets failed. Logs are given below:

04/13/2012 14:45:42 - Error ndmpagent (pid=22903) NDMP restore failed from path /xyz
04/13/2012 14:45:42 - end reading; read time: 0:02:03
04/13/2012 14:45:42 - Info ndmpagent (pid=22903) done. status: 5: the restore failed to recover the requested files
04/13/2012 14:45:42 - Info bpbrm (pid=22894) media manager for backup id ABC20_1334229513 exited with status 0: the requested operation was successfully completed
04/13/2012 14:45:43 - restored from image ABC20_1334229513; restore time: 0:05:11
04/13/2012 14:45:43 - Info bpbrm (pid=22894) sending media manager msg: TERMINATE
04/13/2012 14:45:43 - end Restore; elapsed time 0:05:44
Failed to get status code information (2826)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You will need to give us exact info. For one "source path\restore" is NOT going to work.

NDMP server has a Unix-type OS. Path separator is / not \ .

Depending on the type of NAS/NDMP host, certain data can only be restored to the same path.

abhinav_trivedi
Level 4
Certified

Hi Marianne,

Thanks for reply.

Sorry for wrong saperator. I used / instead of \.

Restore first fails with error code 5 (the restore failed to recover the requested files) as mentioned above in logs and finally restore fails with error code 2826(Failed to get status code information).

NDMP backups are running fine but restores are failing with error code 2826. In my environment there are 2 NAS machines and restore of both machines are failing. Everything is going fine till positioning of medias and later it fails.

Please let me know if you need anything else from my end.