cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOM reporting..another question

xspader
Level 3
I've been getting asked to produce a report from NOM that shows the client name, Policy Name (as in the policy I created not the Standard, MS-WindowsNT policy types), and a count of success, failures and partials.
I can get the different information from different reports, but cant seem to figure out how to get it all in one report.
Does anyone have any ideas where I could generate such a report, or if there is the ability to create this type of report custom inside NOM? Its for management so the prettier the better. Most of them get confused with too many numbers....
2 REPLIES 2

Alasdair_McQuir
Level 4
To produce them from separate master servers is not too bad, consolidate into one I am still working on.

Spoke to veritas about this and was told that I would need to buy backup reporter.

Nom looks good to start with but actually its reporting capabilities are very limited.

I suspect its designed as more of a tease to get you interested enough to but Backup reporter.

Al

Stumpr2
Level 6
Backup Reporter sounds like a repackaged CommandCentral Service

Veritas Backup Reporter helps IT staff enhance the efficiencies of backup and recovery operations, verify backup service-level compliance, and bring costs associated with backup and recovery in line with the needs of the business. For heterogeneous environments, Backup Reporter provides a global, centralized reporting view of Veritas NetBackup, NetBackup PureDisk, and Backup Exec as well as other backup applications such as CommVault Galaxy, EMC NetWorker, and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.

Key Features
  • Track backup job success against targets over time to ensure backups occur within SLA parameters.
  • Aggregate historical data to identify growth trends and effectively plan backup resources.
  • Monitor resource utilization and identify constraints associated with individual geographies or applications.
  • Customize data views providing context to backup reports such as line of business, backup domain or application.

Key Benefits
  • Achieve backup service level compliance and align backup recovery operations with business goals.
  • Lower CAPEX costs by accurately forecasting growth of backup and recovery infrastructure.
  • Increase operational efficiency by proactively identifying risks and quantifying exposures before they impact critical backup operations.
  • Keep customers happy by tailoring report content to the intended audience allowing them to see only what they want to see.

Message Edited by Bob Stump on 07-24-200707:17 AM