Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetApp SnapVaults

farmch7q
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I've never configured Replication Director or NDMP and looking for a bit advice.

The Scenario is a customer has  Two NetApps in their Primary Site they want to snapmirror over to two other NetApps in their DR site..  The Customer then wants to snapvault that to tape for longer retention.

All the tape libraries are locally connected to two media servers.

For this to work, does Netbackup have to envoke the original snap, then us the SLP to mirror this to the second NetApps, and finally to tape?

Any help would be useful/

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Start with reviewing the requirements and configuration process listed in the guide https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.DOC6465

farmch7q
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the response.  I got hold of the 7.7 guide.

It looks like it all needs to be initiated and managed from the SLP.

As the tape drives are on a Media Servers, which currently also have som MSDP on.  Would I be best to create a basic disk for staging to tape, when doing the final move to tape for long term retentiona and offsite storage?

Thanks

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You don't need basic disk. Once you've configured the storage servers / diskpools for the NTAP types you'll create storage units (snapshot type) for use as the primary operation in your slp. Once you've got that done you'll create the slp to have snapshot operation + backups from snapshot operation (probably to MSDP to Tape), and optionally duplicate (to tape possibly if you put it on MSDP from the snapshot)