cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.5.4 Catalog backup (off-line) samba mount

lazyliberal
Level 2

I am trying to setup a Catalog Backup on a Win server 2003 to a RHEL 5 samba mount.

I am also to place/delete/edit files on the mount from the windows box.  I set it up as Z:/

I get this error when NetBackup tries to do it.

1288896406 1 2 16 hwads02 24734 0 0 *NULL* bpbackupdb open() of Z:\\IMAGE1 failed, The system cannot find the path specified.
1288896406 1 2 4 hwads02 0 0 0 *NULL* startup_nb_databases Database NBDB has been started.
1288896406 1 2 16 hwads02 24734 0 0 *NULL* bpbackupdb catalog backup to path Z:\ FAILED

The drive is alo not listed in the drop down of available disks to save the backup to.

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Mapped drives to drive letter are only accessible with it's letter in the user's login session. That is, you can not configure NetBackup(and any other windows services) to access network share by drive letter. Use UNC path name(\\hostname\\sharename) instead.

lazyliberal
Level 2

I have the UNC but how do I pass the user/password?

\\10.203.1.11\veritas_netbackup\veritas_netbackup%user:password

\\10.203.1.11\veritas_netbackup\veritas_netbackup@user:password

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

To enable NetBackup writing data to CIFS, change logon account of each NetBackup services to the user that have administrative privilege on the NetBackup server host and write privelege on CIFS shares.

For non-AD environment, just create same user on both side with same password, and change service logon account.

Some docs are on Symantec KB a day before. But after support site renewal, I can not find out so far.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

(Correct me if i am wrong)

I never did it but i may think that we need some license for this like Open Storage.