cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 6.5 Remote Administration Console download

unixlife
Level 4
Partner
Is there any way to download the NetBackup Remote Administration Console for NB 6.5? Lost the DVD...Please help..
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

techieNBU
Level 3
If you can, please log on to fileconnect.symantec.com and download the Windows Netbackup 6.5.  Have your purchase serial number ready - not the activation key. Launch the setup - it will ask you install:
1) Netbackup Server
2) Client
3) Java Console for WIndows

Of course you want to choose the third option.  Try to get your Java console the same version as your netbackup server version.

I have redhat and NBU 6.5.5.  When using java admin console 6.5 I couldn't create storage lifecycle policies until I've upgraded to java admin console 6.5.5.  The 6.5.5 can be downloaded from the symantec public website as well as older versions.  Please use google search for the ugprade patches.

Best of you luck to you~

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

techieNBU
Level 3
If you can, please log on to fileconnect.symantec.com and download the Windows Netbackup 6.5.  Have your purchase serial number ready - not the activation key. Launch the setup - it will ask you install:
1) Netbackup Server
2) Client
3) Java Console for WIndows

Of course you want to choose the third option.  Try to get your Java console the same version as your netbackup server version.

I have redhat and NBU 6.5.5.  When using java admin console 6.5 I couldn't create storage lifecycle policies until I've upgraded to java admin console 6.5.5.  The 6.5.5 can be downloaded from the symantec public website as well as older versions.  Please use google search for the ugprade patches.

Best of you luck to you~