cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup 7.1 for SharePoint and Project Server Backup

alex3
Level 2

Hello,

I have discovered the following limitation mentioned in the Symantec NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator’s Guide (Release 7.5, Page 20):

• Project Server databases are not protected.

Yet, this is not mentioned anywhere in Administrator’s Guide for NetBackup 7.1 (which is the product we have). Could you please confirm that is is also the limitation in Release 7.1 and that Project Server databases are not protected by the product?

Thank you,

Alex.

2 REPLIES 2

watsons
Level 6

I believe it is not, because it simply was not there yet when Netbackup 7.1 was first released.

Project Server database was introduced in Sharepoint 2010 as an integration from MS-Project Apps. Before this, it has no relation to Sharepoint (2007 or earlier) so Netbackup would not have included it as part of the backups.

alex3
Level 2

Thanks, watsons for your contribution, but I was looking for someone from Symantec to respond (I guess I need to go through our account manager for that).

By the way Project Server was introduced together with SharePoint 2007 and did had a lot to do with SharePoint even in the previous version.