cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup BMR + SFHA

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi All,

I recently came across an section/note in the Software compatibilty list for Storage Foundation for Windows HA that states

"Note 35: NetBackup (NBU) does not yet support Bare Metal Restore (BMR) on hosts running SFW/SFW HA 5.x."

Does this apply to the BMR master component, or only to BMR Boot Server/Client components?

If its the BMR Master Server component that would effectively imply that you cannot use BMR when you've cluster NBU with SFWHA. Or you might need to include it as a resources to run above NBU resource in the service group??

We recently had an incident at a client where the DR site nodes' NBU service group came online after reboot. Support told us that it was due to the BMR Master Server service and we had to set the service to manual.

Has anybody came across anything like this?

Thanks

Riaan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Hi Riaan,

Actually this should be an issue at all. BMR master server need not to be set manual on cluster node running SFW 5.1. I quickly went through the case id but could not find any good explanantion about the problem.

Thanks.

-Mandar

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

This is related to client running SFW 5.x and not master server.

Basically BMR is not yet support Windows client restore running with SFW 5.x versions. This will be supported in 7.0.1 release.

Although you can have BMR master server running on the machine having SFW 5.x.

Thanks.

-Mandar

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Let me correct the BMR/NBU release number supporting SFW 5.x client restore.

It is 7.1 and not 7.0.1

Thanks.

-Mandar

RiaanBadenhorst

Hi Mandar,

Thanks for the information. I was just concerned about this since we experienced the issue (on 6.5.6) on the a client's master. You can refer to case 412-726-393 if you like. We had to set the services to manual for the BMR Master service on the NBU Master SFWHA 5.1 Cluster.

For 6.5.5 would this require an additional resource in the NBU service group if BMR is required?

Is this issue also known in 7.0.1 (having to set the BMR master service to manual in a NBU SFWHA 5.1 Cluster)?

Thanks

Riaan

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

Hi Riaan,

Actually this should be an issue at all. BMR master server need not to be set manual on cluster node running SFW 5.1. I quickly went through the case id but could not find any good explanantion about the problem.

Thanks.

-Mandar

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

a typo

Actually this should *not* be an issue at all.

Thanks.

-mandar

RiaanBadenhorst

Ok,

Thanks for info!!!

:)