akashawaan
Level 1
Partner

i have virtualized environment

16 exsi servers managed by vcenter server

4 exsi servers using datastore through vsan

12 exsi servers are in compute mode

1 tape library with 2 tape drives.

please help me with this, how many Netbackup license i have to purchase?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU has different licensing models - Capacity and Traditional (agent-based)

For Capacity license, you need to know the amount of used data that need to be protected

Traditional - you need NetBackup Enterprise Client license for each ESXi server.
This license is tier-based - you need to know number of populated cpu sockets per ESXi server.
For any database/application backups, you will also need Application & DB license (tier-based) for each ESXi server with App/DB VMs.

NEVC could be an option, but needs special authorization from Veritas (this is the current status until a new licensing model is issued to replace NEVC). 

Please contact your local Veritas reseller to discuss the best licensing model for your environment. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

NBU has different licensing models - Capacity and Traditional (agent-based)

For Capacity license, you need to know the amount of used data that need to be protected

Traditional - you need NetBackup Enterprise Client license for each ESXi server.
This license is tier-based - you need to know number of populated cpu sockets per ESXi server.
For any database/application backups, you will also need Application & DB license (tier-based) for each ESXi server with App/DB VMs.

NEVC could be an option, but needs special authorization from Veritas (this is the current status until a new licensing model is issued to replace NEVC). 

Please contact your local Veritas reseller to discuss the best licensing model for your environment.