cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 6.5.2 and Sharepoint 3.0

Josh_Goodin
Level 4
Has anyone had any luck getting NetBackup 6.5.2 to backup Windows Sharepoint Services 3.0? 
12 REPLIES 12

Damo
Level 2

No, but I am struggling with it at the moment.

I am getting error 200's when I try to run.

Hopefully I can get some assistance from here

Kerry_LeRoy
Level 3

I am having the same struggle.  If I use the directive "Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server:\" I get a status 71 error.

"Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\All Portals" gives a status 144 - Incompatible.

Microsoft SharePoint Portal Workspaces:\All Workspaces" gives a status 200.

I have two servers I am using for testing with both running WSS 3.0 on Windows 2003 Standard SP2. 

Josh_Goodin
Level 4
Those are all errors that I have seen while trying to perform backups on my sharepoint test servers.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Nothing with SharePoint at the moment but I will recomend to wait for 6.5.2a because some other areas can be impacted.

reagards

Kerry_LeRoy
Level 3
I agree with Omar. I tried to get to 6.5.2 but ran into issues with an AIX media server that the LTID process would not stay running, and the scheduler on my Windows Master server would not function.  I've been watching for 2a for 3 weeks.

Josh_Goodin
Level 4
Does anyone know when 6.5.2a is going to be available?

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

6.5.2A is available on ftp://ftp.support.veritas.com

Josh_Goodin
Level 4

Did not work for me.  I just upgraded my test Netbackup server to 6.5.2a as well as the client on the sharepoint test server.  I either get a status code of 200 or 71 depending on which option I use to back it up.  I wish Symantec would publish some docs on how to configure WSS 3.0.  Not everyone can afford the full blown sharepoint portal server.  User-based licensing is a bad thing.

Damo
Level 2

Just a few things I have looked into with some degree of success.

- Ensure that if you are running 2003 R1 you have SFU 3.5 (Services for Unix)

- Account permissions are a minefield. I spent hours on the phone with Symantec and everything check out, Replace a process level token permissions were added to the accounts running the backup, no luck.
  In the end running the Client on the web front end and setting the sharepoint authentication on the master server to that of the user that installed Sharepoint managed to get us working full backups.

Naturally we will change this to a resource account when we can track which permissions are different for this user. 

The challenge now is to get item level backups working as 200 errors still occur when that is ticked

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Have u check with Symantec about the 200 errors?

Andreas_Holmstr
Level 4
Partner

Has anyone had any luck solveing the problem with the 200 errors when backing up SharePoint 3.0?

Kind Regards

Andreas

Josh_Goodin
Level 4
I have not had any luck.  We shouldn't have to call Symantec.  Symantec should produce some documentation on how to configure it properly.