cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netbackup 7 Disk Staging / Lifecycle will not Duplicaton to Tape

Kwinter
Level 5

Environment:  Windows 2008, Netbackup Enterprise 7.01

Media Server:  BKUP01, this server has the disk connected to it and the computer tape drive unit = BKUP01-HCART3-ROBOT-TLD-0.

·         Created a storage Unit: BKUP_DISK_STAGE_01

o   This disk is connect to the media server and is on the SAN

·         Created a Storage Unit Group with just one member (BKUP_DISK_STAGE_01)

·         Created a Storage Lifecycle Policy

o   Backup to Disk (to the Storage Unit Group) this image should expire after duplication

o   Duplication to Computer tape (BKUP01-HCART3-ROBOT-TLD-0)

I was able to see the test images when:

• Storage -> Select and double click on it BKUP_DISK_STAGE_01 -> then click the “Browse” button under the “Absolute pathname to directory”
  • But I am unable to see these images via Windows Explorer on the Media server.
  • It doesn’t look like the second part is working (Duplication to computer tape and expiring the images).
  • Was able to perfrom a test restore from BKUP_DISK_STAGE_01

Not sure why the "Storage Lifecycle Policy" does not automatically duplicate to tape?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Please verify the information requested above and also post the policy that you've configured bppllist "policy name" -U

The storage destination in your policy should be the SLP Name, not the disk storage unit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sebastian_Baszc
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hey Mate,

What is the type of your Disk Storage Unit and what is the configuration of the Lifecycle Policy?

Please note that Basic Disk can't be used in LCP. If you require to use disk staging - it is better to use built in scheduler in the basic disk STU.

Plz let me know.

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Please verify the information requested above and also post the policy that you've configured bppllist "policy name" -U

The storage destination in your policy should be the SLP Name, not the disk storage unit.

watsons
Level 6

Also the command outputs of these if possible:

1) bpstulist -L    (so we can see your STU configuration)

2) nbstl -L       (so we can see your SLP configuration)

Do you also have a file in /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/LIFECYCLE_PARAMETERS ?

How big is your test backup image? A very small one might not be able to trigger the SLP duplication to start.

Kwinter
Level 5

Thanks everyone,

Riaan is right, the storage destination in my policy needed to be the SLP Name and not the disk storage unit which I was using.

Again thanks!

--Keith